4.24.2006

Project Bread, Walk for Hunger, May 7th


Just a quick p.s.a., and a cheap appeal for cash.
I'm walking in two weeks in Project Bread's Walk for Hunger here in Boston. For those of you outside of Boston, this walk is a 20-mile walk which is the major fundraiser for Project Bread, supporting food pantries, soup kitchens, and children's meal programs across the state of Massachusetts. I'm proud to say that it started back in 1969 as an initiative of my own church, the Paulist Center in Boston; it's much larger now, but it's also still the major source of funding for our weekly meal program, the Wednesday Night Supper Club.
So if you're in the area, please, please walk! If you're not, and would like to sponsor someone, hint hint, email me at baptizedpagan@gmail.com, and I'll give you a link to a website where you can sponsor me by credit card. Even 5 or 10 bucks would help if you can swing it! Thanks.

No comments: