2.20.2006

Guest blogging, starting tomorrow...

ustSo I may be blogging on here a little less often for the next six weeks; I'll be "guest-blogging" over at BustedHalo.com, which is a great website run by the Paulists, described as "an online magazine for spiritual seekers." I've used their "Bible Boot Camp" with my students, and they've recently started a pretty good weekly Podcast.

I'll be one of two bloggers on "Spiritual Smackdown", where the idea is to have two Catholics with differing opinions discuss various issues charitably yet honestly. It's a great way of showing how big of a tent the Catholic church can still be, and how a healthy awareness of the difference between dogma and theological opinion might go a long way towards a general calming of the polarization which threatens our church, just as it threatens most of our communities these days...

EDIT: On BustedHalo, I'm "Golden Eagle"...not my choice for name, but there you go.

2 comments:

Michael Dodd said...

Good luck on Busted Halo. It's a great site.

Bob Bussen said...

Congrats on your blogging on Busted Halo. I'll watch for you there. And anticipate your return. BTW thanks for the link to Whispers in the Loggia, another great site.

Fr. B